Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Themed Weddings

To theme, or not to theme, that is the question!

Now, don't get me wrong, I am a sucker for a themed wedding. Well, any wedding for that matter. But, when does one thing that is meant as a detail become to much? Anything can be great if done in moderation, but to much can just basically turn your wedding day from beautiful in tacky. Here are a few things that I found, and I just wanted to give my opinion on. I love butterflies, so we are going to use a butterfly themed wedding as an example



I really like the uniqueness of this dress. Its bright, its colorful, and very spring time-ish. I also love the fullness of it. However, this definitely would not be a "walking down the isle" dress.


This bouquet is cute and definitely different. I'm not sure if I would walk down the isle with a paper bouquet, but each bride is different. And if this is something that you would enjoy I say go for it. Dare to be different!!!


OK, so here's another dress. Definitely a second reception dress. But , it almost looks like a costume. This definitely makes a statement, and would be cute on a 5 year old, but I'm not sure about an adult.



These three things combined would definitely be "butterfly overkill", but if you put the butterfly touches throughout your wedding, you will have the perfect themed wedding.


Here are a few different ways to pull off your theme without over doing it.

  •  Instead of an entire butterfly bouquet, use beautiful butterfly brooches similar to this, to add that special touch to your bouquet. These can also be incorporated into your centerpieces.


  •  Butterfly decor on your cake would also be a beautiful touch, as well as butterfly napkin rings
    


At the end of the day, each wedding and each bride has their own personality and sense of style. As long as you are happy with the end result, who's to say you have to much or to little of one thing at your event. So, are themed weddings really a thing of the past? In my opinion, absolutely not!!

No comments: